Friday, August 1, 2008

What's important


The trip to Nicaragua is still changing my life. I've began to realize what is important and what is not from this trip.


Take for instance I've learned that:




  • People in need are important, and people who are power hungry are not.
  • Relationships are important, and the Cardinals are not.
  • Family is important, and work is meant to support them not take away from them.
  • DOING ministry is important, and church politics are not.
  • People will do stupid things behind your back. Good thing my identity is found in Christ and not people.
  • Giving is important, and hoarding is selfish.
  • Commitment IS important and will show itself.
  • Busyness (or a hectic life) is a sin. It stunts growth.
  • I really don't need much to live.
  • Honesty is important.
  • Being comfortable is a scary place to live and tends to turn to selfishness
  • Christ's agenda is important, and my agenda is not.
  • I live to please God, not please people.


So, I'm sitting here at 6:00 AM this morning and I have something to say. What is important in life is to find God's will and then pursue it like crazy. This trip is helping me to discover it more and more. It is causing me to just sit and listen at His feet.

Romans 12:1-2
"So, dear brothers and sisters,I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

1 comment:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Great thoughts Ben...thanks for challenging me by sharing them.

It sounds like you guys had a great trip!