Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thoughts on being home


Well, we made it home and are slowly adjusting back to normal life. I can not overestimate how much the 24 other people who went to Nicaragua now mean to me. The week that was was full of love, joy, and became a spiritual feast. The week that is ahead (looking at my own life) is full of work. I'm officially back.

I'm having Roger edit video of the two hours of footage I have. We'll show some of it Sunday at The Bridge. When we get it done, I'll get a copy to our delegation so they can pop it in their DVD player and think back on what we learned and experienced.

I had a great time and I learned very much, but one thing sticks out to me more than others. I turned on my TV to catch cardinal highlights and I realized that the fellowship with people each night at MEFEL was much more fulfilling than watching a T.V. Thank you all. The discussions around the food table, in front of the dorms, and around the poo hole (while working mind you - we dug a hole for an outhouse) were more than worthwhile. And I especially want to thank "The Tower Fellowship" for the theology discussions, laughter, and prayer. I encourage you all to keep meeting together periodically to lift each other up and hold each other accountable.

Our group will be uploading photos to http://www.photobucket.com/chacocente . Make sure and check them out.

And since we all have to go back to work... Let Colossians 3:17 be an inspiration

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (NIV)

No comments: