Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't pee on it

First thing - I need to apologize to my mother. Mom I know that you read my blog and probably don't favor the title. But I had to title it like this. This is a very important post. I don't want anyone to miss, forget, or to be comfortable with it.

I received an email today that read like this:

"Handle every situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Pee on it and walk away."


I wonder what would have happened if Jesus took this approach when he faced the roman soldiers and the cross?

Or I wonder what would have happened if Roy Henson would have responded this way?

Do you know the story of Roy? Roy has cerebral palsy and has spent his life in a wheelchair. In February, Roy stood up without assistance and it motivated him to begin strengthening his legs...

During his training a stressful situation arose.

“I was trying to walk one evening at the Central football field and I had on a Relay T-shirt,” Henson said. “When I fell, I started looking at the shirt, then the field, then the shirt again, and it was one of those, ‘What if I...’ moments.”

Next Friday, September 5th... Roy is going to walk
immediately following the Central vs. St. Vincent football game. And for every yard that he walks, sponsors are donating money to the American Cancer Society.

Roy faced a stressful situation. A trying situation. A frustrating situation. But Roy isn't a dog. Roy is a man.

I wish you would not have read this post. Yes, you. Because now you have to dig deep. I wish you would not have read this post because I know how a majority of people respond to stressful situations. They pee on them. They pee on them and try to get others to as well to justify their feelings and actions.

You are not a dog. Don't pee on them. It doesn't work.



Luke 8:15 "But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop." (NIV)

Please visit these links.

Roy Henson - Daily Journal Article
Roy Henson for 50 yards - Myspace page

No comments: