Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saying goodbye

The past two years have been some of the greatest years of my life. It is not because I'm better off financially. It is not because I've enjoyed more success. It is not because of anything material. It is because of relationships. For the past two years I have been loved, encouraged, and taken care of by some of the greatest people on earth.

Two years ago I began meeting with a cell family. These are groups of 6-12 people at The Bridge Community that do life together to grow in relationship with God and each other. Tonight, I passed on the torch to Andy and Justin. I acted as if the night wasn't special; but I could not have been more proud. These people have impacted my life and the relationships will continue. I'm moving on so that more people in The Bridge Community can experience authentic community and spiritual growth.

I will never forget.

I will never forget the tears. I will never forget the joy. I will never forget the love. I will never forget calling each other to repentance and faith. I will never forget sharing new life together. I will never forget any of you.

I can truthfully say, I love you all.
(not pictured: Stephanie, Becky, Erica, and Bethany)







No comments: