Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Music Project



I am happy to share with my friends that I am working on a new music project. Music has always been a large part of my upbringing and I have a few songs left inside of me that I feel I must get out. I need to sing them and I hope that a few of you need to hear them as well. 

This album is different from anything else that I have been a part of in the past with Parallax View or Bridge Worship. It is not rock. It doesn't fit into the genre of worship. It is simply songs from my basement. Music has always been a way to express myself and come to grips with the big moments in my life. Therefore, each song was either written during or about a specific moment in my life. They are pastoral in some sense. 

For example: 

"Everything Right" was written after my parents lost their home in a tornado. "I Want to Go" was put together surrounding the Holy Spirit's call to preach and teach on my life. Then, there is "I Don't Know Why"  which was written for my wife after we lost our third child. And in a song that still levels me to this day, there is "To the King." It was written after one of our adult volunteers drowned at a church sponsored children's event. But, do not fret, there will be many happy moments and surprises along the way as well. "The Wretch" captures a moment when I realized that the wretch I was singing about in Amazing Grace was actually me!!! And then there is this one itch that I need to scratch.  I think you and I both may need a little bluegrass. 

I'll be going into the studio with PureSonic Productions around my ministry schedule to finish it up before releasing them online. Since these guys are my family, I will either finish very quickly or very slowly. Your guess is about as good as mine. It really depends on how often we start and stop to watch sporting events. To be continued. 

It is coming soon. It is fun to make music with friends!

***All proceeds from this music project will go to The Bridge Community Church and selected missions.

No comments: