Friday, August 15, 2008

Books - My Reading List


I've had several people from church ask me what books I'm currently reading. I thought I would post my list here on the blog along with what my wife is currently reading at the bottom. Now, don't laugh. I usually read 2-3 books at a time and process information in junks rather than reading entire books quickly.

Currently Reading:

  • Unfinished Business: Returning the Ministry to the People of God - Greg Odgen
  • Shape - Erik Rees
  • Idols of the Heart - Elyse Fitzpatrick
  • The Book on Leadership - John MacArthur

Just Finished Reading:
  • The Story of Christian Theology - Roger E. Olson
  • Church History in Plain Language - Bruce Shelley
  • Planting Missional Churches - Ed Stetzer
  • In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day - Mark Batterson
  • Facing Your Giants - Max Lucado

Read in the last Six Months
  • Biblical Hermeneutics - Corley, Lemke, and Lovejoy
  • Living by the Book (Revised and Updated) - H. Hendricks, W. Hendricks
  • The Moody Handbook of Theology - Enns (for a class)

Becky's Current Reading:
  • From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing - Benner
  • Philosophy of Religion - Stephan Evans
  • Epistemology: Becoming Intellectually Virtuous - Jay Wood
  • Ethcis: Approaching Moral Decisions - Arthur Holmes
  • A preface to Philosophy - Mark B. Woodhouse
  • My Husband Wants to be a Church Planter -So what does that make me?

Becky's books look very boring. I just thought I would point that out. :-)

1 comment:

Ben Durbin said...

I just picked up "It" by Craig Groeschel at our weekly staff meeting. I need to have it read by next Monday. I'm looking forward to it.