Saturday, September 6, 2008

Max Lucado has some words of wisdom....AGAIN

Our cell family has been reading and discussing the book Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. God always has a way of reminding us His promises at the most opportune times. I just thought I'd share this paragraph for anyone who needs to read it as much as me.


David saw Goliath as a chance for God to show off!.......What if you saw your giant in the same manner? Rather than begrudge him, welcome him. Your cancer is God's chance to flex his healing muscles. Your sin is God's opportunity to showcase grace. Your struggling marriage can billboard God's power. See your struggle as God's canvas. On it he will paint his multicolored supremacy. Announce God's name and then reach for...


Just want you all to keep watching for God to show off. I know he will, he always does. He shows up and provides everything we need...and sometimes abundantly more.

FYI- I love my husband who is a wonderful daddy! I'm so thankful for him. He's investing in Brylee today while me and Halle bond at home.

3 comments:

Becky said...

By the way...this post was made by me...not Ben. :D

Jessica Sanford said...

Becky... thank you SO much for posting this. I forget how much power there is in just announcing that I am HIS. This is a wonderful reminder... and I so needed it tonight.

Becky said...

Jessica- So glad you read it. When I read that, it slapped me in the face. I felt like someone else might need to hear it too. Let's claim God's promises and see just what he's going to do!