Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Don't Know Why

Last November I shared with some friends that I had a few songs that I still wanted to get out. You can read about my current music project here. Then, this past Sunday Becky and I decided to share a simple preview of one of these songs on social media. It was three years ago this past Sunday that we lost a baby. Honestly, this time was a tough season in our lives. We trusted Jesus, but we found that this sort of thing was something that Christians rarely talk openly about or process. How do you talk about miscarriage? I honestly still do not know all of those answers, and that's OK. We don't need every answer. But, we also don't need to walk through these times alone.

I am sharing a preview of this tune now on my blog to let others out there know that they are not alone. The pain you feel is real. There is a whole community of Christians that hurt every time Mother's Day or Father's Day rolls around. You are not alone and Jesus has not abandoned you. There is good news. Jesus has risen. His tomb is empty.

You can listen to an acoustic preview of this song by clicking the link below.

https://app.box.com/s/xwqnbhljxl5jktn5zfkk

Song Preview: I Don't Know Why

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:7