Friday, October 24, 2008

Building a Church Building.

Hey all, I have not been posting much. I have literally been building a Church location. You can view pictures over at www.rogerdurbin.com . It is a good thing that church is not a building, because we have chosen to spend less money and invest in the community. It is a part of our DNA to engage the culture with the gospel, not our pride or ego.

So it has been a while since I have last posted. What's been going on? A lot.

  1. My daughter Halle is getting her first tooth.. that is so much cooler than any ministry
  2. Brylee will not stop talking about her halloween costume. Trunk 'n Treat next wednesday at Bridge Kids!
  3. Last weekend I missed the sermon on parenting because I was at Windemere. I led 300 jr. high students in worship. I also wrote a new song straight out of 2 Corinthians... We are recording it ... you can hear it sometime.. Sometime... maybe
  4. In 8 days we have done a lot of work on the Sprung
  5. Becky and I are going to Honduras in Nov. We got our iternary Fedexed today. It looks terrific.
  6. I started a new seminary course on The theology and practice of Worship. I have been reading a lot about the Doctrine of God and have picked up a new book entitled: Worship Old and New.. I am also ordering....
  7. I am ordering.. "The mortification of sin." ...
  8. Conquering Addictions based on "Recovery at the Village" begins Nov. 4th.. Take it
  9. "How to Study the Bible" will run on three Sunday nights when Crown Financial ends.. All cell family leaders NEEED/MUST take it if at all possible.
I have not had time to blog much. I'll try to get back in the swing. Keep praying for God to be glorified through all of our efforts at The Bridge!

No comments: