Monday, June 10, 2013

Enjoying Life by Enjoying God Teaching Notes



Sunday night I taught our first session of Church Summer School answering 15 questions as they pertain to salvation. The 15 questions were: 

  1. Why must we be “saved?” 
  2. How total is depravity really? 
  3. What is the result of our depravity? 
  4. Does this mean non-Christians can do no good? 
  5. If total depravity is true, what happened to my baby who died in infancy? 
  6. So, what about people with cognitive function who never heard the name of Jesus? 
  7. If Total Depravity is true, then how is salvation possible?
  8. Can I resist His grace? 
  9. Does this mean that salvation is then founded in my decisive ability? 
  10. What should my response be to such amazing grace? 
  11. Will everyone be saved? 
  12. Who then will be saved?
  13. Can a true Christian lose their salvation? 
  14. Doesn’t Hebrews teach a Christian can apostasize? 
  15. How should I now live as a believer?
Church Summer School session 1 is in the books! Sadly, I am not sure if the recording turned out or not due to the fact that I taught for three hours. We will know soon. [Update: we have it below] Until then, below is a copy of my entire teaching notes for the night with answers. If you missed a few fill-ins you can find them here.

Download - "Enjoying Life by Enjoying God" teaching notes -- (you will need this for use with the audio)

Audio: Part 1 - Questions 1-10 (70 minutes)

Audio: Part 2 - Questions 11-15 (94 minutes)

The next Church Summer School session will be July 21 from 5-7pm.

Next Topic: Power For Life (Free to live on Mission in His power)

In this session we will take a deeper look at Spirit-Filled living. Sample Topics Covered: What is the Holy Spirit? Are the supernatural gifts available today? What does it mean to be Spirit-filled? Why do I need the Spirit? What have been the abuses of the teaching of the Holy Spirit in recent years? Can we experience more of the Holy Spirit after conversion? How does the Holy Spirit empower me for life on mission?