Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The ride has been more than good


Parallax View fans past and present: 

This weekend will be my last with Parallax View. It is with joy in my heart that I share the news. I have many fond memories of leading worship at retreats and rocking out at concerts, but I enjoyed most of all spending time with my brother and the friends (Andy, Josh, Randall, Mark, Matt, Kaleb, John) that I have made along the way. The ride has been more than good. But, it is time to exit the ride and begin a new one. And the closing of one chapter means the beginning of the next. 

When we started Parallax View (Seth, Mark, and I), I was a single dude working for Youth For Christ and struggling to live out my faith. I picked up a guitar my senior year of high school and shortly thereafter started writing songs as a way to cry out to God. Since that time I got married, had three kids, grew in my faith and planted a church. While I still love singing, God has led me to a higher calling in life.

I am now the Lead Pastor for The Bridge Community Church in Leadington, MO. We are a part of the Acts29 church planting network. These days I find myself preaching weekly, leading a staff, training church leaders, and shepherding a growing faith community. I may continue writing songs with the music community that has been born out of our fellowship, but I feel that the Lord has asked me to focus in on preaching and lay down outside ventures. I believe for three reasons.

Reason #1: I love preaching and desire to preach a lot more and grow in my calling.

Reason #2: I love the local church and messy community. While events are fun, purposeful, and have valid meaning--I am finding that life on life as a faith community is where I thrive. To put it simply, I love the simple-messy-broken-local church community and think it is the hope of the world. I desire and long for true community.

Reason #3: It is Seth and Josh's time to shine in music. They are the future of music in our faith community along with Tisa Ayers. It is their day. And my brother Seth is a better musician than I will ever be.

These reasons motivate my decision to lay down my musical pursuit with joy, give it all to God, and let Him lead the next moves.

What is next for me: I desire to passionately pursue Jesus Christ. To be a good husband, father,and pastor. Then when I die, live forever.

Listen to Music:
http://www.myspace.com/parallaxviewband -newer stuff plus a few old. "I Cry Out - my first written song is there).

http://www.shoutlife.com/parallaxview -- some old stuff

Some Memories of the Past:






















You can watch and find more videos here.


 Chapter 2 Begins...

2 comments:

TG Live - Jesus Centered Church said...

This endeavor has been a blessing to my family. Will not be forgotten. Most of all, it has brought glory to the King.

Anonymous said...

Ben
I understand there wasn't a dry in the place Saturday night. We have enjoyed worshiping with you over the years. My girls have kinda grown up with PV. May our Lord continue to bless your ministry and your family. Thank you,
Eileen Jones
Hebrews 13:20&21.