Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I want to be a radical

Do you really believe that Jesus is worth abandoning everything for?

Do you and I really believe that Jesus is so good, so satisfying, and so rewarding that we will leave all we have and all we own and all we are in order to find our fullness in him? Do you and I believe him enough to obey him and to follow wherever he leads, even when the crowds in our culture--and maybe in our churches--turn the other way? - David Platt in Radical

I am back from Haiti with a very unsatisfied feeling with where we are as a people. I want to be a part of a people who delight in him like the brothers and sisters that worship in a shack in Haiti who have nothing but Him. And I want to be a part of a people who are risking it all for him.

For the sake of more than a billion people today who have yet to even hear the gospel, I want to risk it all. For the sake of twenty-six thousand children who will die today of starvation or a preventable disease, I want to risk it all. For the sake of my life, my family, and the people who surround me, I want to risk it all.

It is time to re-orient our lives around a radical abandonment to Jesus.




P.S. I highly recommend that everyone read Radical by David Platt. It is the most important book I have read this year.

No comments: