Friday, April 3, 2009

Update: family, schedules, and learning how to Sabbath

Hey all, it has been a while since I last updated. I have been very active in ministry over the past few weeks. I wanted to take a minute today and give an update on what's been going on with me and the family.

Family:
Everyone needs to head over to my wife's blog today and watch the two videos she has uploaded of Brylee and Halle. They are getting so big! Halle turns 1 on May 6th, and Brylee turns 4 on May 10th. Becky is doing really good and heading up a group of 20 to Project Chacocente this July.

Now on to my Schedule:
The past two weeks had me away from family 8 out of 14 days with music. I led worship at a Men's retreat for four days, and then Parallax View opened up for FEE and headed to Windemere for a Missouri District LCMS Jr. High Retreat.




We recorded the concerts from the FEE opening and the LCMS event and plan to release a "live" album soon. St. Paul Lutheran School selected our band for a school project and the 8th grade class has put up a website about us including interviews, videos, and mp3s. Check out their work here! THEY DID AN AWESOME job!

Tonight, I am speaking at a YouthFest in Farmington, MO on the Gospel and what it means to have relationship with God. I can't wait. It is awesome being able to speak at events and then leave. :-) This is a really unique event as tomorrow youth groups from all over the surrounding areas will be involved in "re-building" efforts around the community. Sunday morning, we are continuing the "Final Four" series at The Bridge and I'll be in Luke 23 as we take a peak at various characters from the events surrounding the cross.

Learning How to Sabbath:
Finally, I am learning how to sabbath. Probably the greatest way that I have sinned against God since planting The Bridge is in violating the Sabbath. I am in the process of repentance. It is clear to me that there needs to be some kind of practice of the Sabbath as New Testament believers. Darrin Patrick says, "We need, and are commanded to have, sanctified time, set apart time, consecrated time - Sabbath"

I am learning to cultivate not just a Sabbath day, but a Sabbath heart that is at rest and is experiencing peace with the God who rested on the 7th day. God put rest in the Top 10 list of commandments. This week, I shall rest and reflect on Holy Week.

No comments: