Thursday, March 5, 2009

Capturing the Moment



How often do we zip through a day at work, a night at home, or a complete week without embracing the moments we walk in? God is teaching me this week to capture the moments and to delight in Him.

Saturday I stood and stared at 1400 people as we were about to lead worship and wondered why in the world God was trusting me to do this. I don't think I will ever forget that moment. I felt the weight of the task and the joy of the relationship with my Father.

Sunday morning we rolled into church around 3:00 AM from the road. I spent the next few hours trying to sleep on the floor of the church before our grand opening celebration of our new location. Memories flooded my brain of the first three years of our church plant. I thanked God for His goodness and felt the pain of my mistakes. I stood on stage to lead worship at the first service and Seth began to sing that "greater things have yet to come." I looked out to the crowd and saw the faith of God's people. In that moment, I realized that I was a part of God's redemptive plan in St. Francois county that was only beginning.

Sunday night Brylee told me that she loved me while I was gone. I will never forget the look in her eyes and the sound of her voice. I thank God for trusting me to raise two beautiful girls.

Monday - Outside of playing another concert, my brain was mush. God was telling me to sabbath and rest in Him.

Tuesday - I worked in the children's area at The Bridge. We were getting the rooms ready for 100 children to have an atmosphere to experience and to be taught about the grace of God. I couldn't help but picture little hands in my mind painting stories about Jesus and later showing them to their parents. I also attended CA and saw many imperfect people chasing after a perfect God and being taught the Gospel. I felt so thankful to have people who care so deeply about me and others.

Wednesday I attended a funeral. I saw the faith of a family and the glory of God in terrible times. Later on that night, I hung out with my cell family and studied how God gifts each of us to build up the body. I felt so thankful that we are not supposed to do this life alone.

Thursday is today. Right now my daughter is asking me to play Chutes and Ladders with her. I'm going to publish this post now and spend time enjoying the family God has given me.

Take some time this week and capture the moments, see God in them, and delight in Him.

(Note to Bridge Folks: Don't forget that this week is Daylight Savings)

No comments: