Saturday, November 8, 2008

Home: A peak into my brain

I made it home from Honduras and the Compassion International Vision trip. I was very privileged to be on this trip.

Three quick thoughts.



1) Compassion International is the real deal and makes being missional globally, while being church focused and gospel centered, possible for every believer. EVERY believer.

2) The people that are all over the Willow Creek Association and church need to listen to this. I spent all week with three key staff: Jim Mellado (president of the WCA), Steve Spoelhof (executive vp wca), and Chris Hurta (director of pastoral development wc church). They are the real deal. They may have faults, but mine are greater. I'm pretty sure most of the new testament characters have more faults. I witnessed their hearts, saw their tears, but most importantly was challenged by their faith. Why do I know this? A) The Holy Spirit's leading. B) They had absolutely NO reason to be fake with a nobody like me in Honduras.

3) Jim boldy proclaimed that the North American church is the richest church in world history. We have to submit to God. . We have to reach the least of these (matthew 25). We now have enough resources to spread the gospel and monumentally make an effect on global poverty. Here is my challenge. This is from me. Quit sitting on your assets and fulfill the great commission. Spread the gospel. Fight poverty. Live the gospel. Proclaim the gospel. We are Christ's ambassadors (2 Cor. 5). Follow Jesus.

Isaiah 1:17
learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed. [a]
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.

No comments: